I’m Mike Croucher, a Research Software Engineer at The University of Sheffield and employee number one of their Open Data Science Initiative. Before this I was Head of Scientific Applications Software Support at The University of Manchester. I am also a Fellow of the Software Sustainability Institute. The common thread that binds these roles together is that I work with researchers to help them write better code using the best hardware and software tools we have available.
In this blog I write about things that I find interesting, useful or, ideally, both. It is my hope that others find them interesting and useful too.
My contact details are available at http://www.walkingrandomly.com/?page_id=2055
My social media links
I am active on various social media sites.
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/walkingrandomly
- LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=45662859
- Mathematica StackExchange – http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/users/4786/walkingrandomly
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Walkingrandomly
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/108930714356162091073/posts